So over the next couple of days we will be publishing some Q & A’s with your favorite past & present committee members!
First in the Hot Seat is the wonderful Snowking! We asked him these questions:
1. What is your fondest memory from Tokonatsu?
Being asked to join the committee last year. It was such an honour after joining the events team 5 years ago and putting in hours of work. I felt so amazing.
2. How did you come to be involved with Tokonatsu?
At my first Toko I decided that events looked fun, so I sided up to Kareem who gave me a beer and we talked for ages. I just started working there, there was no formal introduction or anything!
3. What is the biggest challenge involved with running Tokonatsu?
The distance. Being able to have an ACTUAL meeting with the other members of the team sat across the table really limits the conversation. We have tried to get around this by having weekly Skype calls going over everyone’s jobs and tasks for the upcoming week.
4. What is your favourite Anime? and Why?
Ghost in the Shell. Blew my mind when I first saw it and it continues to be mind-blowing to this day.
5. What do you most enjoy about Toko?
The camaraderie, being able to walk up to any group of people and just join in a conversation and feel entirely comfortable about it.
6. What do you most dread about Toko?
Thursdays. OH GOD THE THURSDAYS. Nothings working, people are arriving in less than 24 hours, there’s equipment missing. But it always goes alright in the end.
7. How did you get into Anime/Manga?
Not sure. Can never remember.
Now for some questions to find out more about you
8. Tell us a bit about your childhood.
Born in a shed. Still live there. It’s drafty.
9. What do you do in your spare time to unwind?
I have an alcohol problem that keeps me fairly busy.
10. Describe your dream vacation.
Snowboarding in Austria. I went once when I was 16 and have always wanted to go back.
Ok, back on track…
11. What changes would you like to see at Toko?
More stuff for attendees, more stuff in the evenings, more stuff in general. I want there to be ALWAYS something to do.
12. Last year we saw Toko move to a new site for the first time, how did you feel about this change?
It was necessary for the situation we were in, the fact that we have more options for expansion are an added bonus. Future plans that will come out of the new site are going to be huge.
13. Any juicy scoop you can share with us at Toko Retreat?
Kareem can bench press at least three beers at a time.
14. Any closing thought?
Kareem is a butt.
Thank you for taking the time to complete this interview, and for all the effort you have put into Toko over the years.