That’s right people! This year, running as a joint effort between Toko-Retreat and the Tokonatsu Events team, and being led by new comer ED-SKaR, we will be introducing a series of NERF events!
As it’s the first year, they will all be crammed into an hour, but we are looking at running about 3 – 4 team style matches (Deathmatch, Storm the Fort, etc) and then a Mafia/Avalon style game called Big Trouble in Little Toko-Town!
We will be hosting this on Sunday at 7PM in the Events Field
We will go over the rules more at the day, but here are the core rules that you should be aware of before arriving at the event:
• Eye Protection must be worn at all times. Only when the games have all ended, and equipment is being returned should you remove them. (These will be supplied, but you may bring your own if you prefer. A good set of Sunglasses will work)
• Anyone caught looking down the barrel of their own guns will be warned. If warned a second time, they will be removed from play.
• If you are caught cheating, you will be removed from play for the remainder of the event.
• If a Ref/Marshall calls that you have been hit, you must respawn.
• Correct trigger discipline will be taught, and will be expected to be followed in the Respawn Zone and the Briefing zone.
• If you feel a hit, raise your hand and head to the respawn zone. Cheating on this not only ruins the fun and spirit of the game, but is completely unfair.
• Foam swords are permitted. A tap on the body is enough. No heavy strikes. No intentional head strikes. These will not be provided.
• ‘Stunners’ are permitted. They are any small soft object like a foam tennis ball or pair of rolled up socks (not worn socks please!). Stunners count as a hit like a dart does. Stunners do not ‘explode’ you must hit directly. These will not be provided.
• No contact hits with the NERF guns.
Now, when you turn up to play, please keep in mind that most of the guns are being provided by ED-SKaR from his personal stock, so take care when using them, and don’t be reckless. You are welcome to bring your own guns to the event if you like, but it’s not necessary.
We will be supplying some darts, but any that you can bring will help the numbers in total.
If you have any questions, or you would like to help out with the event, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
And remember people, there is no such thing as overkill!